Win 98 access violation/fatal errors

Mark Vidook 09:38 16 Dec 03

I have suufered for months with "Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x11cf8c10 at 633095d0h" and "fatal error OE occurred at 0167....." and so on. The former error shuts the running application, the latter is a blue screen error and asks to press any key to continue, ultimately locking the PC when keys are pressed.
Any knowledge out there? MS support does not seem to help.

Diodorus Siculus 10:13 16 Dec 03

click here for a possible "unhandled" solution.

Just a thought: it may be memory related. If you have more than one stick of RAM, remove one of them and try - then remove the other and replace the first.

Mark Vidook 10:33 16 Dec 03

Diodorus Siculus
I have followed the steps suggested by the link you provided and changed virtual memory. Everything else OK. Re memory, I will remove one of 2 memory sticks and see if this resolves problems but a new problem just occured when re-starting the PC. Illegal operation in module Kernel32.DLL at 0167:bff7a388. Perhaps removing mem stick may solve.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…