Win 98

highside 16:37 08 Mar 11

Is there any way of creating a boot cd for a faulty Win 98 PC using a Win 7 computer?
Thanks

rawprawn 17:06 08 Mar 11
  rawprawn 17:11 08 Mar 11

Or click here
I have never tried either for windows 98, but they should be OK.

mgmcc 17:49 08 Mar 11

I have a Windows 98SE "Boot Floppy" CD that I originally created from the boot floppy disk.

If you want a copy, send me an email (by clicking the yellow envelope) and I can send you an .ISO file from which to burn a copy of the CD.

woodchip 18:21 08 Mar 11

Hear click here Then use Nero to create the boot disc or why not use a Memory stick if you can get the Motherboard BIOS to boot from USB

robin_x 20:24 08 Mar 11

Should USB boot be required on a very old laptop that does not support it, PLoP Boot Manager will allow it. (also allows HDD, CD/DVD, floppy boot from a geeky Star Trek type screen)

click here

Note: it messes with MBR, read uninstall and MBR backup instructions carefully in case of change of mind.

I find it an essential add-on for my 'spare' 12 yr old laptop

Strawballs 22:39 08 Mar 11

Do you have the Win98 disc because it should boot from that I have done that before

highside 15:26 09 Mar 11

Many thanks to all for all that helpful info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…