win 95 keyboard driver

neghness 16:44 09 Jun 04

i just recently salvaged a computer form a mate, and, after realsiing his power supply was blown, and i couldn't be bothered soldering a new fuse in, i put his HDD in my comp, and booted it up. after a while, before windows finished booting up, a message appeared about about the keyboard file, and then a message appeared saying 'windows protection error. please restart your computer' after rebooting, the screen came up where you choose either normal boot, safe mode or logged (you know the one i mean). after choosing normal, it did the same again. i then chose safe mode. this time it did boot. after checking out keyboard under device manager, it claimed that it was working OK. confusing, considering the error with nomal booting is clearly from keyboard.
just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem, and if you know how to solve it. i have a feeling that a driver may be missing, because windows XP has two keyboard driver files listed under device manager. this computer only has one.
any ideas?

thanks in advance

Eric10 19:54 09 Jun 04

It's not only the keyboard that's the problem. If you have put a hard drive with an operating system installed into a different PC then all the motherboard drivers, graphics, sound, etc will be wrong. You just can't do this and expect it to sort out the drivers for itself. Also messing inside a switched mode power supply can be lethal. The fuse has blown for a reason so it's much better to just get another PSU and match the hard drive with its own motherboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…