win 95 to 98

zebbydog 17:36 18 Sep 04

I have given a mate my copy of win 98se as i now use xp he has win 95 .I want to format and install for him but he has no discs, how do i find the drivers to back up first, he only has a floppy to write to. Any help please.

Pentium 166 32 mb 2gd hd

Diodorus Siculus 18:14 18 Sep 04

Get Belarc Advisor and it will id all the components; then go to manufacturers' sites to get the latest drivers.

As he has only a floppy drive you may have problems - any chance that you can fit a CD-R drive for the short time it will be necessary?

Noleg24 18:18 18 Sep 04

to being with the PC may need some upgrading...especially in the processor and memory department and you can go to click here as they do have the old memory but you maybe stuck with the processor...so really you may need a full upgrade for a whole new PC...you can purchase programs that allow you to mirror the hard drive in other words it copies everything from the old hard drive onto the new one...but since its Win 95 some of the files may not be compatible with Win 98. so I would get some research done on this first before doing anything...otherwise its a full format. but one more thing would be to put the 2gb hdd into a PC that has a CDRW and even tho it may have win95 you should be able to copy the files from the hdd to CD via another OS like 98/Me/2000/XP...

zebbydog 19:21 18 Sep 04

He as a cd drive but not writable i have everest is that the same as belarc

Diodorus Siculus 20:05 18 Sep 04

Yes, everest is actually better I think...

If you have a CD- R drive it will be simple to slot it in for a short time.

zebbydog 09:34 19 Sep 04

Thanks for help every one

zebbydog 09:36 19 Sep 04

Thanks for help everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…