Win 7 PC freezing everytime installing Ralimk RT61 Driver

sazboom88 20:56 04 Jan 15

Hello

I just reinstalled my advent sq9204 pc with windows 7 32-bit. But when it was complete there was a red cross of the wireless networks icon. When I checked Device Manager, it came up as Network Controller with a yellow triangle. I went onto the manufacturers website to download the driver for the wireless pci card, and when I came to install it my entire computer froze, with the only way it being able to work again was system restoring it via startup repair.

I downloaded the driver from a different website for ralink rt61 turbo wireless lan card but the same thing happened.

Please could anyone advise.

Thanks

Tom

Ian in Northampton 21:02 04 Jan 15

You may need to download/install the driver for the network controller before trying to install the driver for wireless. I believe the wireless driver depends on the network controller driver being installed.

sazboom88 21:16 04 Jan 15

Hi

I've tried the top link but that just did the same thing, my whole computer froze. I also tried one of the older ones that were listed below but same thing happened.

sazboom88 21:44 04 Jan 15

hi

sorry just realised commented on the wrong post. how do i find the network controller driver?

Ian in Northampton 08:18 05 Jan 15

sazboom88: I'm sure you'd realised that OliviaLewis's post is spam. Do not use the site recommended. Go to the Advent site and search for downloads for your model number. The network driver may be part of a package of drivers for your motherboard.

Ian in Northampton 08:26 06 Jan 15

Olivia: the fact that all your posts on here direct people to the same site tells me that you have a commercial connection with that site and that you are using the forum to promote it. Your posts thus qualify as spam because you are trying to 'sell' something. Beyond this, your recommendation in a previous post that someone should go to your site rather than the manufacturer's site in order to download drivers is very questionable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…