Win 7 64bit randomly entering power save mode

bionicle 25 Jun 11

Running Windows 7 64bit professional. Recently had to restore system from a recovery disk and now having a problem. PC used by four users each with own seperate log in. When my son is using the PC he encounters at random intervals the screen informing 'Entering Power Save Mode'. This only happens when he has logged on. I have attempted to resolve this by setting the Power Options to 'Turn off display' to Never and 'Put the computer to sleep' also to Never. However it still randomly goes into power save but only on his log in. Can anyone suggest a fix?

rdave13 25 Jun 11

In his account go to power options select Create a power plan and try high performance and select 'never' for the other two options. Then you can select My Custom Plan 1 if it's the first one created. If that works try creating another plan if you need it to sleep etc.

bionicle 25 Jun 11

Thanks rdave13. Just tried that so will need to try it out. Not too sure though as setings under this new power plan are just the same as I had already set. But will give it a go anyway.

bionicle 29 Jun 11

Thanks rdave13. Seems to be working so far.

bionicle 31 Jul 11

Sorry its not working again...same issue. Any other suggestions please?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message