Win 7 64bit Anti virus and firewall

anniesboy68 14:53 03 May 10

I'm told [or advised] that I do not need any additional anti virus programs or a firewall to replace the win 7 one. I'm running the Microsoft security essentials at the moment. Any ideas on this, please

john bunyan 15:44 03 May 10

If you have MSSE - that is an anti virus programme and you should only have one. Many think it is a very good one. Some think a free firewall such as PSTools gives a better cover re outgoing than the MS one. I would add Malawarebytes anti malware, and when they issue a free 64 bit version (in development), Superantispyware also.

anniesboy68 16:15 03 May 10

Thanks, will think about it. AB68

rdave13 17:17 03 May 10

I use the free version of Win 7 firewall control; click here for the Windows firewall.

Miké 18:40 03 May 10

The built in Windows 7 firewall does everything that is needed, including control outgoing connections. However the user interface is somewhat lacking, I agree with rdave13 and also use the Sphynx-soft offering.

anniesboy68 15:58 04 May 10

Ok, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…