Win 32 error

bristolgirl 15:30 19 Aug 09

Hi, I really hope that you can help me once again but apologies in advance, as I am going to ask, if you can help me, can you do it in nice easy baby steps.

I have a win32 error and having looked at someone elses post with the same problem, I can see that I have a malware problem.

I run avast AV, spybot and Adaware but I cannot now open either firefox (well it just loads but doesn't do anything) or IE (I get a connection error with this)

I have been into the safe mode and run the AV from there but I cannot run scannow. I also cannot System restore, which I think is probably key to showing what the problem is with my laptop.

Can I fix this? I'm at a loss as to what to do!

Thanks in anticipation!

zarobian 15:51 19 Aug 09

Try to start windows in safe mode by taping F8 key
when the windows start to load.
If you managed to start in safe mode then you can try to select a previous restore point when the computer was running ok.

zarobian 16:01 19 Aug 09

I am sorry,you have already gone through safe mode and it did not work out for you. Try to download malewarebytes'antimaleware from here click here and select to run full scan.

bristolgirl 16:34 19 Aug 09

Thanks for your help zarobian.

I cannot download Malwarebytes (wish I could). I just get "Connection Interrupted"

I don't know what to do.

zarobian 17:19 19 Aug 09

can you download malewarebytes on a friend's computer and then save it on a flash drive to use it on your own computer?

bristolgirl 17:25 19 Aug 09

OK. I will give this a go. Thank you again Zarobian.

I will have a trip to my local computer shop tomorrow to invest in a flash drive and go from there.

I wil let you know how I get on.

Many thanks!

nonowtatall 23:14 19 Aug 09

my grandaughters dell has got a black screen with windows\system32\config\system and i have put in a xp disc to press r for repair and it asks for floppy discs then when i get past that it asks which version i take it means the built in one or the disc what do i type i have tried different letters and numbers but have had no joy If i format and do a complete clean where do i get the drivers etc from

rdave13 23:54 19 Aug 09

Seeing you have Avast Home anti virus then start up in normal mode. Start Avast. Let it run through the registry scan. Once run right click on Avast's console and from the dropdown menu that appears select a scheduled boot-time scan. Select 'scan all local disks' and click on the 'schedule' tab. Avast will ask for a reboot. Do so. Before windows loads Avast will start scanning for viruses and malware. You will need to be present while this scan runs as if Avast finds trojans, rootkits etc, you will need to either quarantine or delete them as the scan progresses. Your choice to quarantine or delete. Once scanning is complete Windows will continue to load. See how it goes.

bristolgirl 13:22 20 Aug 09

Thank you rdave13.
I followed your very clear instructions (thank you) but I came up with no infections during the boot-time scan.

I'm very confused now.

bristolgirl 13:36 20 Aug 09

I've just had a look at the malwarebytes site and not sure what option to choose to download to my memory stick.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Sea Urchin 14:40 20 Aug 09

Use the blue Download (Free Version) button

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…