//some 3rd party need geo

win 2k looking in the wrong place

Andrew-C 19:06 29 Oct 05

I recently changed the drive letters following partitioning my hard disc. The OS is still trying to look in 'F:' drive for my documents (which is now in 'D:' drive. I've changed the target for my documents but it hasn't helped.

How can i get the OS to look in the right place?

thanks a lot
andrew

Forum Editor 19:29 29 Oct 05

1. Click Start, and then point to My Documents.

2. Right-click My Documents, and then click Properties.

3. Click the Target tab.

4. In the Target box, do one of the following:• Type the path to the folder location that you want, and then click OK.

If the folder does not exist, the Create Message dialog box is displayed. Click Yes to create the folder, and then click OK.

-or-

• Click Move, click the folder in which to store your documents, and then click OK twice.

If you need to create a new folder, click Make New Folder. Type a name for the folder, and then click OK twice.

5. In the Move Documents box, click Yes to move your documents to the new location, or click No to leave your documents in the original location.

Andrew-C 09:46 30 Oct 05

Thanks - I've done this already but it's still looking for my docs in drive F:

I'm using win 2k by the way.

Any other ideas?

cheers
andrew

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…