win 2000pro , system file checker?

second best 15:41 01 May 03

hi, i'm having trouble with explorer opening blank windows after accessing links. i would like to run sfc to see if there is an apparent problem.

recap 15:49 01 May 03

You need to run a Command Prompt in W2K and then type in SFC for it to run.

second best 15:52 01 May 03

thnx recap, but how do i do that, do i need to exit and enter dos mode?

recap 15:56 01 May 03

No, just go to Start/Run and type in cmd, from here you will get the required window. Type in sfc and you will get a list of options, example scannow. To run one of these commands type it as follows noting the space befor ethe slash: sfc /scannow then press enter on your keyboard.

second best 16:29 01 May 03

thnx recap, i have run sfc, but nothing came up. any ideas on the blank windows?

recap 19:27 01 May 03

When you say nothing came up, do you mean no window at all?

If this is the case instead of typing cmd type the full name "command". If that does not work then open the command prompt from the Program menu.

VoG™ 19:28 01 May 03

You don't need SFC.

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Copy this, paste into address bar, remove the space after // and click Go.

Follow the instructions.

second best 13:30 02 May 03

hi, sorry. recap, the sfc was fine, i ran the dos prompt and it scanned ok, but came up with nothing, meaning no apparent probs. what i meant was the blank window, however, VoG, that link you gave me seems to have solved the problem for me, but i'll have to wait and see if it's solved completely. is it just me or is microsoft web site hard to navigate. i've tried countless times to find info but seem to go round in circles. anyway, thnx for the help guys, all seems to be ok, for now :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…