Win 2000 pro update disk

anniesboy68 12:08 26 Nov 04

Ive purchased a laptop with Win 2000 pro installed . However, I need a disk with the latest updates. does anyone know where I can get it, or if anyone has one could they copy it and send, please

recap 12:21 26 Nov 04

click here for SP4, you can either download it or order it online.

anniesboy68 16:36 26 Nov 04

recap....thanks but you can only order it from Canada or USA. I'm not connected yet on line with it, 'spose I must to get the download.

fitcher 20:58 26 Nov 04

like you I have win 2000 on my other machine and it looks like it would take a lifetime to down load upgrade of four cds ,pitty you can't get the discs here in uk .ant one know how big the download is

temp003 10:44 27 Nov 04

The full SP4 (called network install) is about 130MB click here

The "express" install is 600KB, but during installation, you need to keep your internet connection on, to make further downloads as necessary. Personally I don't recommend it on a dial-up.

It is better to have the full download and put it on a CD for future use.

SP4 had been out for quite a long time, and your version of w2k should include some sort of service pack already. Right click My Computer, Properties, to see which version of service pack has been installed. If it's SP3 or older, then download SP4.

Even after SP4, there have been about 25 updates (which total 30-odd MB) - at least for my computer.

anniesboy68: I don't know if you've got broadband. If you do, you can make the downloads yourself. If not, I can burn a CD and post it to you - if you don't mind waiting - cos I'm from Hong Kong - or someone else can help.

Post back if you need help.

homer4god 11:01 27 Nov 04

I've got the full security pack cd with sp4 on it. E-mail me if you need a copy.

anniesboy68 13:36 27 Nov 04

temp003. thanks for info. I have SP1 installed. I have broadband but it is on this main cptr. My laptop [purchased on e bay which is ok]will only be on dial up, unless I can get my head round wireless networking. So at the moment I am not connected and Zone alarm will not load until I have the service pack loaded. Nevertheless homer4god is willing to send a disk, so all I might have to download via dial up will be some extras [25 updates it would seem]. If I need your help I will contact you. Thanks again! AB68

anniesboy68 13:41 27 Nov 04

homer4god e mail on its way

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced