WIN 2000 PRO INSTALL

HI ALL IM TRYING TO INSTALL WIN 200 ON DAUGHTER PC BUT CMOS BATTERY KNACKER TREID CHANGING BUT NO GOOD SO AS FOR THIS I CAN NOT BOOTFROM CD IS THERE A WAY ROUND THIS LIKE A FLOPPY DISK
TRIED INSTALLING OVER ME BUT UST BOTH ME AND 2000 AND THATT CANT BE GOOD ITS ONLY A 6 GIG HDD ANY HELP PLEASE THESE BLE SCEENS ON ME ARE DOIN MYHEAD IN

sorry about cap justnoticed

TomJerry 00:54 13 Oct 04

get a set of bootable setup floppies, boot up, and put CD in run set up program from there

You can get Win2k setup disks (4) from here
click here
click here
click here

spanneress 08:08 13 Oct 04

W2k does not take up too muchspace and I re-build old PC's with much smaller hard drives than yours! You should be bale to run it from the Win98 desk top - can you see your CD drive?

This blue screen - what exactly is it? what are you doing when it happens and how often? You may well have a hardware problem in whihc case changing your software will not sort it. Also - how do you know it is your CMOS battery?

first tried installing w2k over me in clean install asuming it would rewrite over me but in but i ended up with a duel boot on same hd

for cmos bat tell its me on boot up cmos bat faied reset to default thats why i cant boot from cd cos boot secence in a,c,and then something eles cant remember what but not cd drive

blue srceen is the exp error you get
it like an error report on xp, i think anyway

MichelleC 10:54 13 Oct 04

2 os's on same partition will make pc unstable (and could get [BSOD] blue screen of death). To upgrade you need an upgrade os disc. If it's not an upgrade disc you have to install from scratch (clean off ME 1st). Have you set 1st boot device in bios to boot from cd rom? If only floppy's working as said you can make 4 floppies to install w2k, but wipe off ME 1st. To do this make ME boot floppy, set bios 1st boot device to floppy and follow these instructions click here

BTW you will lose all data.

ok i think i will tick this now as we r going round in circles got the boot disk ad thts whti needed so thank you all again yet another problem sovled

english 113

anniesboy68 19:10 29 Nov 04

TomJerry Am I right in assuming the four disks from svrops.com will re install win2000pro should it be needed?

TomJerry 22:03 29 Nov 04

setup floppies are for PCs which cannot be bootup from CD.

anniesboy68 17:06 30 Nov 04

TomJerry thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…