Win 2000 bootdisk

JoJoh 16:25 03 Jul 04

Hi
I'm having a problem with my win 2k. I tried to load win updates. They didn't seem to load fully and now win2k won't load up. I need to find a win2k boot disk for CD as the floppy doesn't seem to be working.

Also once it loads is there an error correcting facility for win2k? I seem to have errors on the win/system32 file and in the registry.

Thanks

JoJoH

AndySD 16:46 03 Jul 04

If you havent booted into windows then can you get to the safe mode options (tap at F8 whilst booting) if so choose Last known Good.If you miss the safe mode opportunity during logon, DO NOT logon. Shut the system don and try again.

If not the Recovery Console may help click here

Diodorus Siculus 16:53 03 Jul 04

Do you have the Win2k CD? If so, it is bootable. Use the console as outlined above.

JoJoh 17:03 03 Jul 04

Hi - Thanks for your help. I have tried to boot into safe mode but it still won't work. Also last known configuration also does not work. I think that there is some corruption in windows. When it loads into windows, I am receiving a warning about the windows update not loading properly and a request to remove the update. I can't do this as it won't even let me in!

I think that I need an executable boot disk with some scandisk type fix programme. I don't have the win200 CD, only the license.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…