Win 16 Launcher

Newuser175 00:05 05 Nov 03

I am getting a message when I try to install an application that the 'Windows WIN16 Application Launcher is not starting and the system is closing down and asks if I want to send a message it Microsoft. I do not think they would expect the message I would like to send! The system freezes and I have to restart and it becomes unstable. I have reinstalled winws but no change. Any offers from anyone?

hugh-265156 00:36 05 Nov 03

whats the app you are trying to install please and version of windows?

Newuser175 12:48 05 Nov 03

WINDOWS xp PLUS sp1 and trying to install winDVD v 4 but I have had the message on other installs, but when clicked the eror message they have gone away and it seemed ok. This time it will not install

gold 47 13:03 05 Nov 03

Don't like Win DVD with XP i found it froze or was very jerky changed to Power DVD never had a problem,after uninstalling WIN DVD i did a search
for Win DVD files remaining and deleted them as Win DVD conflicks with Power DVD.

hugh-265156 16:46 05 Nov 03

Newuser175,not sure why you are getting these errors in xp.

i had a quick google and it seems to be from older versions of windows(dos) as far as i can tell.i had a look on MS kb site and cant find any info i can understand either sorry,im sure somebody will know the answer.

if downloading updates/sp1 etc from click here they can download ok but sometimes hang when actually installing.this is sometimes caused by cryptographic services being disabled or set to manual instead of automatic.

start/control panel/performance and maintenance/administrative tools/services

scroll down to cryptographic services and click it,set to auto from the drop down box choices and restart the computer and retry the updates again.

Newuser175 18:53 05 Nov 03

Thanks huggyg71 for your interest.
cryptographic services is set to auto

Thanks gold 47, I have run win DVD before without any problems This time, due to this fault I cannont get it on to start with. I dont think it is the app - I think win 16 must be corrupt - but how do I change it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…