Win 10 guest account loop

awest3 10:15 29 Oct 15

Help please, I upgraded to win 10 a week or so ago but forgot to create a guest account for my granddaughter to us. I created one by using Cmd and switching flag on. On trying to use said account it builds the profile but then the screen just flashes continuously and I'm unable to get any commands in, none of the buttons work. I thought I'd logon to my admin account and get rid of the guest account then try again. Windows outsmarted me in that when I restart the machine it goes directly into the guest account and I'm back where I started. No problem thinks I I'll just boot into safe mode and sort it from there. Now I don't really believe this but it appears there is no way to get into safe mode (used to be f8) on startup. It appears you need a working PC to do this!!!!!!!!! If I had a working PC I wouldn't need safe mode. I'm typing this on my iPad as the PC is sitting there flashing at me. Help please, I'm stuck.

awest3 10:18 29 Oct 15

I've found that by entering task manager, ctrl alt delete, I can switch user which hopefully means I can delete the guest account and try again. I'll report back.

awest3 10:24 29 Oct 15

The guest account did not appear in 'user accounts' so I had to use Cmd again and 'net user guest /active:no. Which has turned it off and I can now login to the other accounts as normal. I'll try setting up a guest account in another way (other than using Cmd) and let you know how I get on. I'm still somewhat bemused as to how to get into safe mode from boot up?

awest3 11:08 29 Oct 15

Created guest 1 account by using standard 'set up another account' and not supplying any ms account/email or telephone details but had to all it guest 1 rather than guest. Seems to work ok.

awest3 14:04 29 Oct 15

Found a way of adding a safe mode startup option to the PC: This tenforums tutorial tells you have. Brilliant.

click here

awest3 14:05 29 Oct 15

for have read how !

rdave13 15:20 29 Oct 15

I prefer this one. Enabling F8.

awest3 16:11 29 Oct 15

Yep. Even better. Nice one.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:23 29 Oct 15

Did for win 8.1

forgot it would have reverted back with the upgrade to 10.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now