Willful Windows Explorer Views

Pink_Panther2 16:04 13 Jun 06

Can anyone shed some light on a problem that has irritated me for ages? I run an up to date desktop PC running a fully updated version of XP Home SP2.

When using Windows Explorer, I prefer to see my files as “Lists” and showing “Details”, rather than Icons, as in this way, I can very quickly search my many hundreds of files to locate the one I wish to deal with, instead of scrolling through icons which can take forever, any show no detail.

In Explorer, I set my preferences successfully, i.e. "View", "Details" and then using “Tools”, “Folder Options”, “View”, “Apply to All Folders”, attempt to change the defaults. This appears to work in the very short term, but perhaps an hour or so later in the session, and for no apparent reason, the settings appear to randomly revert to Icons. This irritation has occurred on every XP PC (Home & Professional) that I have worked on.

Is this a known bug, or is there a simple solution, which I have failed to discover? I’m conversant with, and happy to edit the Registry, if this is necessary.

Pink Panther

VoG II 17:07 13 Jun 06
  Pink_Panther2 18:35 13 Jun 06

VoG™
Many thanks. That appears to have done the trick!
!
Cheers,
Pink Panther

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…