Will this work?

paddy75 13:35 20 Jun 04

I have recently upgraded from Win 98se to XP and now find that my Epson 9500 scanner wont work,i had it conected via a parellel port which as far as i can understand is not supported by XP.This scanner cost me about £450 five or six years ago so you can understand i would like to get it going again,i have found this site and was wondering if this cable would work.Many Thanks Paddy click here

Irishman 13:46 20 Jun 04

The GT 9500 driver for Win 2000 might work. click here

Charence 13:48 20 Jun 04

I'm not convinced what you're saying is entirely true. My computer is running XP and has a HP R45 printer connected to the Parallel port not USB. It is more likely that the scanner itself is not supported by XP. You may be able to find an updated driver for XP for your printer on the epson site.

I've found them for you (Stylus Pro 9500)

Driver click here

Status Monitor click here

or you may want to look for it yourself click here

Charence

Forum Editor 13:53 20 Jun 04

you'll need to try the GT9500 Win2K driver. Unfortunately, although £450 is a fair chunk of money the scanning world has moved on compared to 5 or 6 six years ago, and you could now buy a better scanner for far less.

That's not a lot of consolation I know, but it's the truth. Try the Win2K driver, it may work perfectly.

paddy75 13:55 20 Jun 04

Thanks for your speedy reply win 2000 drivers do not work and Charence you are giving me details for a printer driver.Paddy

Graham ® 14:38 20 Jun 04

One on here looks interesting click here

Terry Brown 15:59 20 Jun 04

Have you tried uninstalling it. Open the XP Help and support system.in the search box type in 'Compatability'.Follow he links. Select Win98 mode and install (you will need your CD in the Drive).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…