Will these viruses ever stop or what?!!!

Valleys boy 20:41 06 Jan 05

Having just removed over 500 dodgy files using Adaware, I thought my problems were over, but when I run it again to check they'd gone, it detected exactly the same amount! What the f*** is going on!
I've heard people advise to turn off system restore before running these virus scans but if I do that, it says all previous restore points will be deleted and I dont want that surely! Can anyone help before I end up chucking this big box of bollox out the window!!!

I'm running XP home, P4 and Talk Talk BB.

Thanks a lot

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:42 06 Jan 05

Turn off the system restore points....there is no other way. Run adaware after the3 points are turned off, reboot and turn sys restore back on...set new points.

G

User-312386 20:43 06 Jan 05

you need spybot search and destroy click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:43 06 Jan 05

ps...if your info on the computer was that important you would be using an external hard disk.........delete the restore points.

G

stalion 20:44 06 Jan 05

I realise you are very annoyed but site policy does not allow swearing
Regards

VoG II 20:46 06 Jan 05

Or asterisks!

Valleys boy 20:53 06 Jan 05

Cheers for the quick response!

I tried installing spybot but I get the message:

C:\program files\spybot - search & destroy\SDHelper.dll
An error occured while trying to copy a file
The source file is corrupted.

There's probably a virus attached to that file aswell knowing my luck! Any ideas?

Stalion, I'm tempted to tell you where to go, but I'm refraining at the moment cos this site's been very helpful :)

Valleys boy 20:55 06 Jan 05

PS Just noticed I've got no sound at all now on top of everything else!!!!

VoG II 21:01 06 Jan 05

Try downloading Spybot again click here

Also try this click here

We all get frustrated but this is a family-friendly forum. Please refrain from swearing.

Halmer 21:55 06 Jan 05

I assume that he means flip

Valleys boy 22:54 06 Jan 05

Sorry about that! I've just been sat at the PC for about 3 hours trying to sort it out with the kids playing havoc in the background and I was getting slightly riled to say the least!!!

Anyway, I'll try what you suugested VoG. Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…