Will there be a problem installing my Office XP

Steven135 23:12 20 Jun 03

I am waiting for delivery of a new machine from Evesham at present I have Office XP Pro installed an my desktop and laptop as per licence.

Will I have any problem activating OXP on the new machine?

I did ask this on the FE's thread re Talking to Microsoft but in all the interest it got lost.

Djohn 23:18 20 Jun 03

To the best of my knowledge, yes, you may have office on one desktop and one laptop.

If you want to remove Office from one of your current PC's and install on new one, then a quick phone call to M/S should solve it for you. Regards. j.

jazzypop 23:18 20 Jun 03

Office XP (not Windows XP) can be installed on a desktop and a laptop using a single licence, as I am sure you are aware. As long as you uninstall your version from the current PC, and then install it on the new one, you should have no problem.

If you should run into problems for any reason, simply ring Microsoft and explain - they are very good nowadays at sorting licensing out quickly and painlessly.

Djohn 23:20 20 Jun 03

Excellent timing! :o)

jazzypop 23:22 20 Jun 03

Pipped at the post(ing) :)

Steven135 23:25 20 Jun 03

Thanks very much for your help I was a little worried since I use office all the time for my work.

I will remove OXP from my desktop I was just worried as to how to verify that I have done this in the event of having to phone Microsoft.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…