Will System Restore work on display settings?

Pineman100 22:17 06 Oct 07

A friend who lives a considerable distance away has a problem with his monitor. After a series of problems, the display settings have changed to a resolution and/or frequency that the monitor doesn't support.

He's not at all computer-savvy (even less than me!) so I'm reluctant to suggest that he starts dabbling in the display settings. If I suggest that he uses System Restore to roll back to a time before the problem, will that restore his previous display settings?

Any advice gratefully received.

Pineman100 22:18 06 Oct 07

Incidentally, he uses Vista Home Premium.

Jak_1 22:21 06 Oct 07

It should do, so long as the pc is taken back to before any changes were made to the display settings.

Pineman100 22:54 06 Oct 07

Presumably it doesn't matter how far before the problem arose, just so long as it *is* before?

Jak_1 23:23 06 Oct 07

Te day before would be sufficient but if he can't remember the exact date then take it back as far as he can.

Pineman100 10:16 07 Oct 07

OK, many thanks again Jak_1.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…