Will this spec run demanding games?

Legion93 22:01 PM 24 Nov 11

Hi to all! I'm relatively new here but I had a few questions regarding the specs of the desktop I will be buying in a few weeks time.

Currently the specs are as follows:

Motherboard: Not sure but likely an X58 motherboard Graphics card/GPU: 2x 1GB Radeon HD 5870 CrossFire Processor: Intel Core i7 Extreme 980x 3.33GHz RAM: 12288mb 1333MHz Tri Channel memory Operating system: Windows 7 Home premium x64-bit (Licence only)

Monitor to run PC: 23" 3D compatible monitor with Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution.

I wanted to know whether this spec desktop will run games like BF3, Crysis 2, Shogun 2 or Starcraft 2 on ultra settings? Which games will struggle to cope with these specs? I want to run games like these on the highest possible settings so will I need a better CPU, GPU, RAM, etc? The desktop is pre-built meaning I cannot specify what specs I want and I'm getting it for a cheap price. I may over lock the CPU to 4ghz if possible.

Thanks very much!

gengiscant 05:09 AM 25 Nov 11

Your system will run the games on high/ultra. The only problem is some games do not like Crossfire, but you need to google your games to check. I would definitely get the PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…