Will running multiple antispyware progs conflict?

PC Advice Sir 08:44 22 Feb 05

I'm running Adaware and spybot S&D and I've just heard of the Windows Antispyware programme from PCA, and downloaded it. Should I just install it, or need I disable in part or whole any of the features of Adaware and/or Spybot? Spybot is currently also configured to lock hosts file read-only as protection against hijackers in IE tweaks of S&D.

Thought I'd ask before I proceed with the installation of the Windows version :-)

Dennis1 08:51 22 Feb 05

Hi. I run all three plus I have spywareblaster to stop spyware from getting on my pc in the first place, I also have spywareguard to protect my homepage from hi-jack.I never have any problems, the more the better because what one misses the other usually gets. you can get those other two from here (if you're interested).
click here

rawprawn 09:25 22 Feb 05

No problem running several malware programs (Not at the same time) but don't run more than one AV.

Chezdez 09:34 22 Feb 05

i run microsoft anti-spyware, spybot, adaware, and a-squared, and there are no conflicts.

Completealias 11:31 22 Feb 05

Microsoft antispyware + adaware here with no probs

spuds 12:13 22 Feb 05

Usually what one misses another may pick up the offender, as previously stated. My computer runs SpyBot,AdAware,SpySweeper,a2squared and all work perfectly together. But remember to do regular checks for updates, as this is essential.

Also as previously mentioned, do not run more than one anti-virus programme, as this may course confliction problems, this same rule applies to firewalls, use one only of each.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:37 22 Feb 05

SpywareBlaster + A squared + microsoft antispy + adaware se + spybot all working together ok.

Granger 16:26 22 Feb 05

Windows AntiSpyware - does this do everything that Adaware does? I'd rather just relay on one product, if I can tell which free one is best.

spuds 17:41 22 Feb 05

Reallying on one product is not always the best policy as stated above. The products mentioned are very well recommended and are used by a great number of PCA members. The best part is that they are all free to download and use, and all have regular free updates.Windows Anti-spy is still a beta product I believe, so in theory it is still in its trial stage, but by all account it seems to do the job intended. At the end of the day, the choice is for the individual to decide what's suitable for them.

PC Advice Sir 21:55 22 Feb 05

I'm more than satisfied with those - thank you all for your answers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…