Will this run fast

Shutt1e 10:37 29 Jul 06

Hi i was looking at this laptop click here it has a 1.5ghz processor and 256 ram i was goin to put another 512mb ram in it would this run as fast as a laptop with a 1.73ghz processor with 256 ram or would it just run faster
thx

SG Atlantis® 10:43 29 Jul 06

Not as simple as that.

Shutt1e 10:44 29 Jul 06

ok

Shutt1e 10:46 29 Jul 06

ok whats better the toshiba that i posted or the acer im gunna post now i have heard the ati x200m is better than the intel gma 900 that is in the acer
this is the acer click here
thx

SG Atlantis® 10:48 29 Jul 06

Which processors?

Some do more work per cycle than others.
RAM might be different in both, different speeds.

...lots of other factors too. Which graphics chip does the systems have?

All affect overall performance.

Shutt1e 10:50 29 Jul 06

oh ok could u havee look at the stop links ive posted and tell me what is better plzzz

SG Atlantis® 10:52 29 Jul 06

crossed postings...

The Acer will be faster... any difference in graphics is minimal, you'll suffer with both if you want games.

I'd increase the RAM to at lest 512 as the graphics will eat some of it.

FelixTCat 10:59 29 Jul 06

Shuttle,

We can't answer that question without knowing what you want the notebook to be better at doing?

The Acer has the better processor and memory, the Toshiba has a better OS (depending n what you want it for) and, probably, better build quality and reliability.

Without more memory neither will be a fireball and neither will be much good for gaming.

Both will be OK for office tasks and watching movies but neither will be much good for rendering movies.

Like I said, what do you want of it?

Regards,

Felix

Shutt1e 11:01 29 Jul 06

welll i have heard that with the atix200m you can play battle field 2 at low seetings and far cry on laptops i wont i tfor gaming i dont mind if there new or old games also internet thats it really and i dont no weather the intel gma 900 is any good

FelixTCat 11:10 29 Jul 06

Shuttle,

No integrated graphics will play modern games well. No doubt there are websites that tell you that you can play them - what they don't tell you is that you have to play them at the lowest possible resolution with all the effects turned off; then you MAY get a barely acceptable frame rate.

Not only that, but these are all shared memory graphics - they steal their memory from the limited system memory available, further damaging game play.

On that basis, neither of them are good games machines.

Internet usage requires little memory, hard disk space or processor capability.

Regards,

Felix

Shutt1e 11:11 29 Jul 06

ok so go for the acer yeah

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…