Will Recorder Hard drive be read by windows

ened 15:41 27 Jan 14

I have a Humax Freeview recorder with a large Hard Drive.

It is going wrong and Humax Customer Service are useless.

I decided to treat myself to a new one and want to take the Hard Drive out and stick it in my Computer as an additional drive.

Before I start dismantling the thing I would like to know if there are likely to be any problems such as the drive not being recognised by Windows (I have win7 & 8).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:26 27 Jan 14

what model Humax?

mostly they use a linux ext2 / ext 3 format which windows cannot see without added software see here

ened 16:40 27 Jan 14

It is a HDR-FOX T2 1TB Freeview + HD Digital TV Recorder.

I have never used Linux but do have a spare machine I can install it on.

Presumably, once I have got the files off it, it could be re-formatted for Windows?

I confess I know nothing about Linux and had assumed Windows could read from the disc because it plays anything I have downloaded (on my comp and transferred via usb stick) except for .mkv files.

Thanks for the link. Maybe it is time I thought about Linux anyway.

Batch 17:24 27 Jan 14

Suggest you try posting on My Humax Forum as bods on there will no more about what you can / cannot do.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:33 27 Jan 14

I have same machine and use a file transfer program (FileZilla) to move files from the Humax to my PC and other files to the humax using the network.

The Fox T2 is using linux but the files can be read using the file reader i linked to. The guys on the Humax forum are pretty good.

What problem are you having with your T2?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac