will a PCI express graphics card work in my PC?

jimdee 22:44 18 Oct 05

I dont think my PC has a PCI express port, it has a regular PCI port but will this be ok when my new graphics card arrives that uses a PCI express port?

User-312386 22:53 18 Oct 05

No it will NOT work

PCI and PCI-Express are different things

How old is your PC?

007al 22:54 18 Oct 05

haha,funny

SANTOS7 23:03 18 Oct 05

What's so funny 007al if you cannot offer anything constructive, Do not bother, it is not your place to
to make such remarks..

jimdee 23:35 18 Oct 05

what is so funny?! Just cos i'm not that clued up, isnt that what this page is for? my PC is a dell dimension 4300 and i got it in 2002... does anyone know if it has a pci express port?

SANTOS7 23:47 18 Oct 05

click here
Not really gened up on PCI express but after having a quick look at some of the press release in the link i do not think your PC willl support it..

007al 23:48 18 Oct 05

i just thought he was joking...if you read the post,he knows the pci port is a "regular" slot.
then asks if a pci express card will fit it.
its my place to express freedom of speach.
i dont see any wise words from your great self!
dont take life so serious!

007al 23:49 18 Oct 05

if it was built in 2002,then no

Starfox 23:51 18 Oct 05

To confirm what madboy said you cannot use PCI express in a standard PCI slot.

The only way you could make it work would be to upgrade your motherboard to the new standard,not recommended for the faint hearted.:o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…