Will not detect archos hard drive external

LANDCRUISER 12:03 10 Jan 08

i had this problem a while ago & manage to sort it but now & then it would start again & because i was having other problem i decided to reformat my h/d on pc & sort it this way but its still there,i need to get to this h/d because i have all my back up on it ie norton ghost,this is causing all sort of problem,it shows as unknown device

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:15 10 Jan 08

Try this, connect the drive and go to start-control panel-admin tools-computer management-storage-disk management and you should be able to see the drive. Right click on a drive that is 'hidden' and select change drive letter/paths...select any other letter preferably from the end of the alphabet..press ok and the disk should appear in my computer..try another letter if it is still hidden.

G

LANDCRUISER 12:27 10 Jan 08

hi GANDALF had o look & only shows my two drive cd & dvd drive

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:36 10 Jan 08

Can you try it on another computer?

G

LANDCRUISER 12:41 10 Jan 08

yes tried it on my vista pc some time ago & worked ok & then when i went back to xp pc, thats when my trouble began, i dont know if vista change anything on h/d

LANDCRUISER 15:30 10 Jan 08

anyone with any other ideas

rawprawn 15:52 10 Jan 08

Try another USB POrt

LANDCRUISER 15:59 10 Jan 08

Hi rawprawn,allready done this

rawprawn 16:03 10 Jan 08

Also can you update the usb drivers and reboot

LANDCRUISER 16:06 10 Jan 08

i looked into devices & it say no driver loaded but have done a update drivers but noyhing loads up,i just get message saying unknown on devices

rawprawn 16:15 10 Jan 08

the drivers should be on the installation cd that came with it as far as I can see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac