WILL NORTON SECURITY FIREWALL AFFECT TRAFFIC INWARDS TO MY ROUTER?

SANAP 15:47 PM 09 Jan 12

I have a situation that I want to communicate 2 ways in and out from a device. I can receive in on the assigned port but can not send out on the assigned port. In the router log it reads RULE MATCH??

Its a netgear dg834pn router. I have tried everything except for the norton security 2011 and that is a minefield to me. As the traffic is going via the router will the norton secutity still kick in? I dont want to disable norton completely.

help

Woolwell 17:05 PM 09 Jan 12

What device?

johnnyrocker 21:36 PM 09 Jan 12

well?

johnny

SANAP 18:48 PM 01 Feb 12

an update, this was a router fault, ie software was corrupt but the mistake i made when updating the software was not doing a reset when the new software was installed and then re-starting the router. I worngly assumed a software update would do an automatic reset.

router is perfect again and I will never know what made it go wonky.

sanap

Input Overload 19:12 PM 01 Feb 12

My AV gets upset from time to time with my MSN/Live main exe, the reason for this is it's modified as it has ad's stripped & the file size doesn't match the size the exe should be. Perhaps similar happened to you?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites