WILL NORTON SECURITY FIREWALL AFFECT TRAFFIC INWARDS TO MY ROUTER?

SANAP 15:47 09 Jan 12

I have a situation that I want to communicate 2 ways in and out from a device. I can receive in on the assigned port but can not send out on the assigned port. In the router log it reads RULE MATCH??

Its a netgear dg834pn router. I have tried everything except for the norton security 2011 and that is a minefield to me. As the traffic is going via the router will the norton secutity still kick in? I dont want to disable norton completely.

help

Woolwell 17:05 09 Jan 12

What device?

johnnyrocker 21:36 09 Jan 12

well?

johnny

SANAP 18:48 01 Feb 12

an update, this was a router fault, ie software was corrupt but the mistake i made when updating the software was not doing a reset when the new software was installed and then re-starting the router. I worngly assumed a software update would do an automatic reset.

router is perfect again and I will never know what made it go wonky.

sanap

Input Overload 19:12 01 Feb 12

My AV gets upset from time to time with my MSN/Live main exe, the reason for this is it's modified as it has ad's stripped & the file size doesn't match the size the exe should be. Perhaps similar happened to you?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Why upgrade to Windows 10? Is Windows 10 good? The pros and cons of!…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Illustrator Rachel Lillie discusses how she draws, and the beauty of quietness

macOS Sierra vs Windows 10 comparison: Apple and Microsoft's latest OS releases go head to head |…