Will no boot from cd

scorer 17:52 17 Mar 03

i also bought Linux the complete guide as mentioned in another discussion but am unable to boot from cd.

Motherboard is an gigabyte GA-71xe which accepts the change to cd as first boot in the bios but but alas will not do it Any ideas anyone
Thanks S

powerless 17:56 17 Mar 03

If the change has been made to boot from CD first did you SAVE the change?

scorer 18:16 17 Mar 03

yes i did save. i even tried all 3 choices as cd boot but still no joy
S

powerless 18:19 17 Mar 03

Try and disable the other devices...

So only the CD rive can be booted from. I know it sounds simple but you are inserting Disc 1?

scorer 18:32 17 Mar 03

Thanks for your reply but i have tried that and the computer just would not boot at all. S

woodchip 18:47 17 Mar 03

Give Taran a shout, I am not shure on this one, you could load a CD Dos Driver then remove it after from Autoexec.bat file or it may work with the Win98 startup Floppy to load drivers but I do not know what to run on the CD as they are all .RPM files it's not like windows with a startup file

scorer 19:16 17 Mar 03

Thanks for your reply but as i understand it cd drivers are loaded in from floppy start disk as standard but that is not the problem. At present if i select cd rom as 1st boot it and disable other choices the computer just hangs with a black screen .S

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…