Will Nero work with XP Home?

pcbobby 17:17 20 Sep 05

I am used to Win 98SE. But I have been trying to help my neighbour with her newly acquired XP Home laptop.
When we tried to copy a photo folder to the CD writing facility, we were continually confronted with a message, ‘Problem Copying’.
Having been used to the simplicity of Nero – I would like to know if we could install Nero software on XP Home - will there be any conflict with the embedded writer?

mattyc_92 17:21 20 Sep 05

You CAN install Nero if you wish, and there wont be ANY problem at all.

Bagsey 17:25 20 Sep 05

I use Nero with xp home with no trouble at all

pcbobby 17:25 20 Sep 05

mattyc_92.

Thank you for your speedy reply.

pcbobby 17:26 20 Sep 05

Thank you Bagsey.

Diemmess 17:29 20 Sep 05

There should be no problem in principle..... Some copies of Nero are bundled with a separately purchased burner and refuse to run with a different drive. I agree about the simplicty of Nero in versions up to DVD handling, when now it all seems very different...... has to be worth a try!

Stuartli 17:38 20 Sep 05

If the copy of Nero is an OEM version that has come with a particular make or model of drive, then updating it at the ahead website usually overrides this aspect.

Stuartli 17:41 20 Sep 05

Just a thought. Do you mean XP's own burning facility, which uses a version of Roxio?

If so you will have to disable this via Windows Media Player>Tools>Options>Devices>highlight drive>Properties>Recording tab>disable the enable recording on this drive box.

You can, if you require, get a Nero plug-in for this aspect of WMP from the ahead website.

pcbobby 19:35 20 Sep 05

Thank you, Diemmess and Stuartli.
My nero software is Nero Express.V:6.3.1.17.

Yes, I was referring to XP's own burning facility.

In view of Stuartli's input - it might be better for me not to interfer as the Laptop is under warranty! ??

Stuartli 23:10 20 Sep 05

The laptop being under warranty does not prevent you in any way from installing Nero, updating it or even adding the Nero plug-in.

Current version of Nero 6 Reloaded is 6.6.0.16 and of Nero Express 3.1.0.16. See;

click here

Nero 7 Premium is, apparently, due out soon.

Stuartli 23:12 20 Sep 05

Nero WMP plug-in:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now