Will My Motherboard Recognise an 80GB Hard Drive

Solartopi 15:01 06 Jul 07

Hi Ya gurus,

My Evesham Computer - seven years old now - came with a 20 GB hard drive. When I found it running out of disk space I installed a 40GB Hard drive. Evesham told me at that time that my Motherboard would only take the max 40GB Hard Drive.

My friend helped to to Partion my 40GB into 13GB for all my Personal Documents Etc and 27GB for the rest. Now I find that my main Partition C Drive has less than 8GB space left.

Would I be able to install an 80GB hard drive and Partion it 40/40GBs. Would my Motherboard recognise both Partition Drives.

That will Give me plenty of more space on both sections.

Please let me know if this is possible & how to do this particular Instalation.

Motherboard - K7 Pro ATX IR3 Mainboard.
AMD 800 Athlon Processor.
Power supply I think 300/350 Watts.

Thanks

Solartopi

Stuartli 15:22 06 Jul 07

Do you have XP?

This link will provide the information required re partitioning:

click here

pj123 16:09 06 Jul 07

Download Maxblast 5. Burn it to a CD. Alter your BIOS to start from CD Rom.

Put the Maxblast CD in and reboot. Follow the prompts.

umbongo(uk) 16:52 06 Jul 07

here a link they upped the hdd to recognise 65gb instead of 40 in the bios update and other fixes

is your board K7 Pro MS-6195 ATX IR3 the other listed is ms 6191 no pro suffix

remember check that this is your mobo as flashing it could render it unbootable

you may not have to flash as it may already be upto date check on boot what bios number it says

click here=

Solartopi 18:52 06 Jul 07

Stuartli,

Sorry, I should have mentioned that, yes XP Pro. Thanks for the LINK. I well Type it out and also save it too.

j123,

Thanks for the Info.

Sorry pj123, I'm a bit stupid with all this what happens when I put the Maxblast CD in, what does it do.

umbongo(uk),

Yes, K7 Pro MS-6195 ATX IR3.

"you may not have to flash as it may already be upto date" - How would have I got the update.

"check on boot what bios number it says" - I will on my next Bootup and let you know.

Thanks for the LINK.

Solartopi

Solartopi 18:52 06 Jul 07

Stuartli,

Sorry, I should have mentioned that, yes XP Pro. Thanks for the LINK. I well Type it out and also save it too.

j123,

Thanks for the Info.

Sorry pj123, I'm a bit stupid with all this what happens when I put the Maxblast CD in, what does it do.

umbongo(uk),

Yes, K7 Pro MS-6195 ATX IR3.

"you may not have to flash as it may already be upto date" - How would have I got the update.

"check on boot what bios number it says" - I will on my next Bootup and let you know.

Thanks for the LINK.

Solartopi

Technotiger 19:03 06 Jul 07

Why not add a USB external hard drive?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…