will my existing 5.1 speakers work with my new pc

colcol 19:47 29 Aug 03

I have ordered a pc which comes bundled with videologic 7.1 xr 750 speakers. I am not taking the speakers since I am happy with my existing cambridge soundworks 5.1 speakers. I also dont want to re-wire the room for new speakers.

I have assumed that the 5.1 speakers will work with my new pc. pse tell me I'm right?

howard60 19:58 29 Aug 03

if they worked before they should work with the new one.

jazzypop 20:01 29 Aug 03

Probably.

The important thing to know is what soundcard your new system will have.

As can be seen from click here the xr750 speakers can work from a wide variety of sources (soundcards), so it is not a valid assumption to assume that your new system will come with a 7.1 sound card.

colcol 20:06 29 Aug 03

jazzypop - the sound card in the spec is the integrated nvidia Nforce2 mcp.

Djohn 20:14 29 Aug 03

When your new system arrives, look in the properties of sound. Can be accessed by right clicking on the Volume icon in sys. tray. You will see the option to set your output to anything from 2 speakers to 7 speakers, select the one you want and click on it and then click your way out and back to desktop. This can also be done with the properties of sound cards as well. Good luck with your new PC, hope it brings you many happy hours of use. j.

colcol 09:47 30 Aug 03

many thanks for help. colcol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…