Will Laptops come down in price after Christmas?

buel 18:44 21 Dec 08

Hi, please can anyone tell me will laptops come down in price in the high street/internet after Christmas?

Pineman100 18:49 21 Dec 08

Ah, if only we had a crystal ball. ;o)

I find it difficult to believe that laptop prices can fall much further than they are now. They're incredibly cheap as it is, and I reckon that retailers are so desperate to achieve sales in the pre-Christmas market that they will already have cut their prices to the bone.

The marketing men will, of course, have marked up the prices of one or two 'headline' products for 28 days (as the law requires), in order to be able to claim a price cut in the January sales, but in general I don't believe that like-for-like prices will be any better next month than this.

canarieslover 19:54 21 Dec 08

With the way that the pound has gone with regard to most other currencies I would suggest that we could soon see some fairly major price rises when current stocks run out.

tullie 19:57 21 Dec 08

How are we supposed to know?

Border View 20:03 21 Dec 08

Do you play poker?

I dont, if you want a new laptop, go for it.

I remember back in 2000 paying nearly £2000 for a desk top that you can get today for £250. You pays your money and takes your chance.

buel 20:05 21 Dec 08

Brilliant answers from all of you, thankyou very much!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…