will it work?

BIG ben strikes 10 20:29 18 May 04

click here Ebuyer 2 Port Hi-speed USB 2.0 Cardbus Pcmcia Adapter hi i would like to know will the this work on a windows 3.11 based laptop computer thanks.

PSF 21:08 18 May 04

Someone will correct me if I am wrong but I would say no it will not work.

USB works with Win 98 upwards. I think Win 3.11 would be too old to support USB.

BIG ben strikes 10 21:19 18 May 04

hi i would like to plug a external cd rom drive via usb so i could upgrade to windows 98. is there any other ways i could plug a cd rom drive in? thanks

PSF 22:04 18 May 04

Most of the external cd's are USB, there are a few that run of PCMCIA cards. click here click here .

Does your pc have network access, you could copy the 98 cd and install from there.

I have not tried it that way before, you may find 98 might not install from Win 3.11. As 98 was a complete change from 3.11 you had to reformat your drive first.

BIG ben strikes 10 20:13 19 May 04

thanks for help the first link was usefull but that universal connecting cd rom drive is a bit too much...thanks anyway know of any place i can get them cheap ill search e-bay now about the second link: sorry mate im not after desktop cases thanks all the same

PSF 23:34 19 May 04

The second link was for another cd drive on Ebuyer I am not sure where it came from. I have not looked at those cases before!!!

Have you thought about seeing if a local pc shop will copy the Win 98 cd onto the hard drive for you? If not they might be able to advise you how to do it.

BIG ben strikes 10 16:15 20 May 04

PSF thankyou for your help you have been great i know of a shop called pennycress computers ill e-mail them now.thankyou.ok now the second link has now tooken me to a page with software.what is going on?.lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…