But will it play on a domestic DVD/CD player?

jack 17:33 13 Apr 03

Having made a compilation of phtotos as jpegs and burned a CD, which is a good way of storing them for later use on a computer, I wondered how does one get them to display on a TV via a
Domestic set topDVD/CD player?

Do I have to burn on special software or what?

ton 17:39 13 Apr 03

In your burning software you should see an option to 'close the CD'. If you enable this you should then be able to use the CD in a 'domestic'. Do this only when you don't wish to add any more photos to the CD as when 'closed', it IS closed.

powerless 17:39 13 Apr 03

Nero from click here

Or...

Easy CD from click here

These will be able to burn photos to disc to then be played on a DVD player.

In Nero you choose "Video CD" and away you go.

canard 18:22 13 Apr 03

There are lots of cheap DVD players on the market which play MP3s and JPEGs. The JPEGs are not very impressive on the big screen except for the JPEGs converted from PNG and TIFF pics taken with my digicam. These are GREAT.There may be other good formats to convert for the big TV screen.

siouxah1 19:43 13 Apr 03

In addition to the above advice.

At one time Nero did make slide shows for playing on Standalone DVD. But restricted to 99 photos.
It may be worth getting a dedicated slide show application , such as ULead DVD Pictureshow. This will allow 99 slide shows with 99 slides each. With music and timings. There are many more such applications which do not cost the earth. In fact I think there are some free ones on the web.Irfanview comes to mind but not sure. Do not have it loaded at the moment.

If you wish to confirm that your DVD standalone will play CDR then look here. Even if not listed burn and try.

click here

Regards Brian j

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…