Will it fit?

Brezza 17:09 19 Nov 06

Hiya guys,

Just a quick question about a MB.

I'm currently running this bored...

click here

Im running a P4 3.0 Prescott (single core) on it at the moment and needless to say its pretty pants lol

I Know it will support a duel core Pentium D But will it support a Core2Duo? Or even the new Quad core?

I Really wanna upgrade my processor but i dont wanna buy somthing i cant use :)

Any help would be appreciated :)

sean-278262 17:19 19 Nov 06

click here

it will support anything that is an LGA775 slot processor, however it is also worth saying that a fast processor may not be the reason your computer is slow. Care to list the rest of the parts. and getting a top of the line processor and the rest not being to match will often result in no improvement. It would be like a fast car with normal brakes not very useful.

jimv7 17:21 19 Nov 06

Read your own link

" Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 CPU/Dual-Core CPU/64-bit CPU support
The motherboard is capable of supporting the Intel LGA775 Pentium 4, the dual-core CPU, as well as compatibility of either 64- or 32-bit architecture. Featuring 1066/800/533MHz FSB, Hyper Threading Technology, dedicated L2 cache, and core-speeds up to 3.8GHz and beyond, the motherboard delivers advanced system performance, faster memory access, and increased productivity.

Support Intel® 65nm Dual-Core CPU
This motherboard support s Intel® 65nm Pentium® D/ Intel® Pentium® 4/ Celeron® processors. ASUS motherboard is the ideal solution to enhance the performance of new generation processors. ."

Brezza 17:29 19 Nov 06

My rig is as follows...

P4 3.0Ghz Prescott
1 x IDE 80GB Maxdor 7200rpm
1 x IDE 120Gb Maxdor 7200Rpm
Gigabyte Nvidia 7900GT 256Mb
2 x 512 Crucial DDR 3200

I Will be upgrading the ram to DDR soon (2gb) but i seriously think its the crappy processor thats bottlenecking my system lol

I Was just crurious if it supported the core2duo and possibly the new Quad core. A Quad core would certainly last me a a couple years before having to upgrade again

Brezza 20:56 19 Nov 06

Anyone know if the new intel quad core will fit this bored?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…