Will I lose partitions

Dazwm 20:03 07 Sep 03

My hardrive is partioned in halve. I am going to format the hardrive but will I lose the partions??

Kitz E Kat 20:12 07 Sep 03

But you will loose any data on them ..
When formatting you will have to type (in DOS) format C: and then when that's done type format D:....

You chould choose to format just the C: drive and leave the second one alone ...

Kitz E

Ironman556 21:07 07 Sep 03

If you're re-installing your OS, then copy anything you want to D:, then format C: and re-install.

Once your PC's up & running again, transfer what you want to keep from D: to C: and format D:.

keith-236785 22:16 07 Sep 03

BEFORE STARTING THIS, MAKE YOURSELF A WINDOWS 98 START-UP DISK. start/control panel/add remove programs/startup disk tab/create windows 98 start up disk. (you might need it to get your cd rom to work once you have formatted)

drive d can be formatted from within windows by right clicking on drive d and choosing Format from the menu.

once done, follow Ironman556's advice.

windows will not let you format drive C while it is booted into windows, to format drive C, shutdown/restart in MSDOS then type format c:

press enter then accept the warnings.

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…