Will the GeForce FX 5200 play all the latest games

Phildo 22:21 07 Dec 03

I have just got a new Geforce FX5200 but i am worried i have wasted my money because i was wondering will it play all the latest games please can some one help me thank you again phillip

BarryKeith 00:51 08 Dec 03

I doubt that you will find a videocard that can play ALL the latest games, each game is written to work best on whatever board happens to be the favourite of the program writer. So you will find that some games will run really fast and smooth, while others will limp along because they were written for a different board. All you can hope for is that the board you have picked is the favourite of the majority of game writers.

Phildo 00:54 08 Dec 03

the write bored for a certin game for it to run really good but the Geforce fx will plsay most of the latest games

BarryKeith 00:56 08 Dec 03

Correct!

Phildo 01:07 08 Dec 03

that would be expensive. I was goin to get the Geforce FX900 + but i did not have the money but i want to be able to play half life 2 when it comes out so do u think it will run ok on the geforce fx 5200

pc moron 01:07 08 Dec 03

A GForce FX5200 will play ALL of the latest games and some, as long as you have a CPU etc to go with it.

If I were you I'd be more concerned about my CPU, motherboard, memory etc- if these components are old you won't get anything like the full performance from your near state-of-the-art graphics card.

Phildo 01:10 08 Dec 03

well i ahve a xp machine with 512mg memory 2.2 gig processor 80gd hard drive but cant remember the mother bored

pc moron 01:22 08 Dec 03

Your PC is up to it.

Your new graphics card will be fine in that system.

Your PC will play all of the latest games, but whether you'll be able to play them with all of the bells and whistles turned on will depend on the game itself.

Phildo 01:29 08 Dec 03

ok thanks dood that has helped me allot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…