Will this gaming PC work?

DavidRaw 11:04 04 May 14

This is going to be my first time building a gaming PC. I have a fairly large amount of knowledge about doing so however.

Before I spend a lot of money (around £800 budget) I want to be doubly sure all the different components will work together So will it work? Are there any changes I should make?

• Corsair Carbide 500R microATX Midi PC Tower,
  • Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W,
  • Asus DVD-RW Drive,
  • Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB 3.5 inch Hard Drive,
  • ASUS H87-PLUS ATX Intel H87 Motherboard,
  • Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core (3.4GHz),
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Dual SC w/ EVGA ACX Cooler,
  • G Skill 2x 4GB PC3-19200 DDR3 2400MHz
  rtp8™ 00:12 05 May 14

<< I want to be doubly sure all the different components will work together So will it work? >>

Theoretically it should work but no guarantee until you've but them all together & wait for the wonderful beep.

<< Are there any changes I should make? >>

Your motherboard supports upto 1600 Mhz DDR3 ram only so your G Skill 2x 4GB PC3-19200 DDR3 2400MHz won't run at the maximum speed as you might have wanted.

DavidRaw 12:14 05 May 14

Thank you for the reply. You have a good point there with the RAM speed. I only just noticed myself. I think I will go with the Ripjaws instead.

Another question - I have almost no knowledge of the power supply. What power supply will be best for my build?

NOTE: The case I am buying comes with 4 fans and I plan on adding up to three more in the future (there is also the cpu fan) - Will I be able to hook up this many fans with the motherboard and power supply I have?

Cheers

DavidRaw 13:29 05 May 14

Okay, thanks for the reply. So will the Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W do fine?

And also does anyone have any recommendations for a fan controller? And how exactly do they work? - Do they attach to the outside of your case or is it a separate unit?

DavidRaw 16:33 05 May 14

Another question that has just come to mind: I want to invest all my money in to the main computer itself. This means I want to save buying a monitor for the time being. Now here's the question: Can I use my 47" LG lcd TV as a monitor?

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced