Will this card fit my motherboard ?

woofwoofbark 20:22 03 Jun 08

I have a micro atx motherboard ...

click here

I was wondering if this card click here
would fit my motherboard , Im not sure the length of the card but my m/b is around 9".

I'm not the most technical comp person around so any advice/help will be really appreciated.

Many Thanks.

ambra4 20:37 03 Jun 08

The simply answer is YES

Motherboard Expansion Slots: 1 x PCI- e x16

BFG GeForce 512MB 9600GT OC PCI-E 2.0

PCI-E 2.0 doubles the bus standard's bandwidth from 2.5 Gbit/s to 5 Gbit/s,

Meaning an x32 connector can transfer data at up to 16 GB/s in each direction.

PCI-E 2.0 is completely backwards compatible with PCI-E v1-E

Graphic cards and motherboards designed for v2.0 will be able to work with v1.1 and v1.0, and vice versa.

There aren't many video cards yet that makes use of the extra bandwidth of the V2 specification

mrwoowoo 20:49 03 Jun 08
  citadel 20:58 03 Jun 08

the pci-express slots are all the same length on all motherboards, more to the point is the case big enough, plus is your psu ok.

woofwoofbark 21:03 03 Jun 08

how do i go about if my case is big enough ?

I have my eye on a psu from click here(16876)Win-Power-PSU-750W-Silent-SATA-cable-dual.aspx

thanks

citadel 21:14 03 Jun 08

once you have found the length of the card [google] open the case and measure from where the card fastens to the side of the case and see if there is enough room for the card to fit in the slot. sometimes in small cases the hard drive cage get in the way.

Stuartli 22:58 03 Jun 08

PSUs for MicroATX motherboards are rarely above 270w-300w and a 400w is still quite unusual.

They are physically smaller than an ATX PSU.

You can't use an ATX PSU for the purpose unless the case will house it (your link doesn't work by the way); MicroATX PSUs have a four-voltage output and ATX five-voltage.

See:

click here for some examples

and

click here

for a UK supplier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009