Will this card connect to my cable modem?

Tim1964 23:29 02 Apr 03

I have seen advertised on ebuyer an "EA1115 Ethernet Network Card". Can I use this card to connect my PC (WinME) to my NTL cable modem? If so, great as it's only £3 !! PC World do similar for £10.

Tim1964 23:33 02 Apr 03

Forgot to ask, also will a NIC benefit BB access versus USB?

PSF 23:47 02 Apr 03

That card should be ok, most Ethernet Network Cards will work with the cable modem. If it did not work £3 is not much to loose.

I use the Netgear card on mine click here and for my network and it runs ok.

The Netgear is a known brand and cheap at that price, it is half the price of PCW.

You could give it a try, at £3 pounds it is a bargin. There is not much on the card to wrong, Network cards are normally very reliable.
Try it out and let us know how you get on.

PSF 23:51 02 Apr 03

It is best to use the NIC card as USB can cause conflicts with other USB devices.

NTL do recommend NIC cards as they cause less problems compared to USB.

Tim1964 23:55 02 Apr 03

You're right £3 won't break the bank but with P+P it's more like a fiver. (wow dear !!!) I think I wil try one "over the counter" as I'm an impatient devil. :-)

PSF 23:59 02 Apr 03

Ebuyer are offering free p&p on your next order until the 1st of May or for first time buyers, or existing users.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…