Will any L.C.D. Monitor connect with my set up??

Chrisann 14:56 30 Oct 06

As I am thinking of keeping my old set up running Windows M.E. It is a Packard Bell with its large original Monitor. I would like to buy a fairly cheap L.C.D. Monitor for it. Will any fit with the Processor..Do I look for any particular type of connection etc. Or will any Monitor connect with this p.c.? Thank you..

Chrisann.

FreeCell 15:13 30 Oct 06

Look for monitor with vga input. Nearly all will have this, certainly at the end of the market you are looking at.

Should work fine with the graphics board/on-board graphics you have. Some monitors come with display drivers you may need to load to get best picture.

Chrisann 15:23 30 Oct 06

Thanks for that...Now this may seem silly to ask but will the connection that fits into the processor be the same as the Monitor I have now.?
Same plut bit I mean...Also this Monitor has speakers attached so does that mean I a...have to get a Monitor with sound or b. buy a set of speakers...Don't want to spend too much on this set up...now I have got my new one..just enough to keep it going really....Do you have any ref. for me for a suitable Monitor.?

Grateful thanks.

Chrisann..

Taff™ 15:30 30 Oct 06

15" click here

17" click here

And they will have the same connector - usually blue with 15 pins.

Taff™ 15:32 30 Oct 06

PS Check the specifications, most have built in speakers which will be fine if you`re sat at the computer but a Hi-Fi system they aren`t! Note also that there will be a delivery charge but less than £8 including VAT

Chrisann 15:56 30 Oct 06

Well thank you so much..That has answered my question precisely...And not too much to pay for upgrading a system either really is it.?

Can I just add a follow on question..

If later on I send my old comp away....and am left with this new Monitor..Can I than connect it to my new set up easily...to give me two Monitors...? And is this fairly easy to do..as I am trying to get my hubby to learn the p.c. you see.!!!!

Chrisann...

Technotiger 16:00 30 Oct 06

Hi, yes you can run two monitors, provided of course that your Graphics card supports two monitors.

Cheers.

Chrisann 13:50 31 Oct 06

Well in the details list for the operating system for the HP Pavilion Slimline s7510.u.k. p.c. it says ... Video ATi Radeon XPRESS 200 Graphics (VGA port) Up to 256 MB Shared video memory.... That is all I can find regarding any graphics.

Do you think that it will then..? Thanks again!

Chrisann.

Technotiger 15:07 31 Oct 06

Hi, yes it will, scroll down to Improved Productivity for Business ....

click here

Cheers.

Chrisann 13:00 01 Nov 06

Thankyou so much.

Regards Chrisann.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now