WildTangent Spywear

ExPara 22:25 22 Nov 04

I have downloaded WildTangent onto my computer, I think it came with AIM, from AOL. Spybot picks it up on a scan but is unable to completely remove it. It still shows up in my start folder. Also, in C:\ProgramFiles\WildTangent it has a folder with two sub folders containing 19 files, totaling 571KBs. It does not show up in Control Panel, Add/Remove so I am unable to un-install it that way. Any body any ideas of a fix?

stalion 22:29 22 Nov 04

click here is this the program if so it is not spyware

stalion 22:38 22 Nov 04

if not run adaware

VoG II 22:38 22 Nov 04

click here

stalion - either you or I are having senior moments. Regards

stalion 22:43 22 Nov 04

I'm having a cup of tea,but I could be having a senior moment as well it's a free country ;o))

ExPara 19:54 24 Nov 04

I have read the web pagers that you both suggested. "Stalion", I think that if you peruse the web page suggested by "VoG", you will be able to determine if WildTangent is spywear or not. I will try the fix suggested on the web page.

ExPara 17:26 27 Nov 04

I have managed to uninstall WildTangent. What I have left is 4 files in "C:\WINDOWS\wt". The files are :- data.wts, wt3d.dll, wt3d.ini and wtvh.dll. Do these files belong to WildTangent and is it safe to delete them?

VoG II 17:29 27 Nov 04

Yes, it is safe to delete them.

ExPara 17:36 27 Nov 04

I will give it a go. Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:59 27 Nov 04

'WildTangent' definately spyware once had it when I downloaded a game then found it was dialling up to net on a regular basis.

Delete C:\ProgramFiles\WildTangent and C:\WINDOWS\wt and run Crap Cleaner click here to fix issues in the registry.

ExPara 21:39 28 Nov 04

Can you help? I thought that I had removed everything associated with "WildTangent". I still have an entry under System Config'> Startup.
Under Startup Item is an entry:- cdaEngine0400.
Under Command:- RUNDLL32.exe "C:\ProgramFiles\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll",cdaEngineMain
Under Location:- SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
I have disabled it from starting up. I may sound thick but, how can I clear it from the Startup list? I hope this is the end of the WildTangent saga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…