Wild Tangent = spyware

Chegs ® 16:09 14 Apr 04

I was reading thru a few threads this morning about various browsers.I already have Mozilla/Opera/Avant,but heard about another one,so d/l it.After installing,I had a quick poke thru its cfg files,and as it didn't have any "auto-refresh" facility,I decided to remove it,but not before I had run AdAware.I was horrified to find 79 instances,on a machine that only ever collects a max of 3-4 instances from usual surfing!

This browser is called Voyager,I have removed it,but wondered if anyone else has tried it and found a similar thing?

Chegs ® 12:23 15 Apr 04

I know nothing of the voyager browser you mention but there's some interesting information about Wild Tangent click here that I found while writing a review of the Logitech MX500 mouse click here which prompts you to instal the wild tangent web driver along with the Moseware drivers. Removal instructions are included with the keyphyr article (first link)

Chegs ® 13:36 15 Apr 04

I had already run a google search for Wild Tangent so knew what it was.I removed Voyager browser,ran Adaware,and it found nothing.The reading I did stated that Wild Tangent is included with several progs,and folks were upset that it is often installed without any outward signs.I only "found" it,as I have Adaware/Spybot and as I rarely get any spyware,it was a surprise to see so many reg entries,etc.It puts me in mind of "Hotbar" I installed this and Adaware found 100's of Hotbar spyware entries.

hvs 07:54 16 Apr 04

horiz5. Just reading your reply about Wild Tangent. I could be totally wrong but I noticed Wild Tangent on my computer and it was not there before this. I bought a Logitech Web Cam Messenger and installed the software and then noticed Wild Tangent, then on the other hand it could have been a download done by one of my children. I do run Adaware but now that you have brought this to the fore I will get rid of Wild Tangent!
Thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…