Wild Tangent

SHUNNA 12:41 01 Mar 04

Whenever I run Sbybot it lists lots of Wild Tangent stuff?? which I then get rid of, with seemingly no after effects. Also i see that there is a wild tangent control panel in the Windows control panel, should that be there, and if not how do i remove it?
Regards

fuzzyone 12:46 01 Mar 04

SHUNNA,

Download adaware fromm the link.

It will remove it for you.click here

SHUNNA 13:53 01 Mar 04

Thanks fuzzyone, I already have Adaware installed and use it. Thing is, there`s always a load more the next time I check. Is there no way I can stop Wild Tangent permanently?

expertec 13:55 01 Mar 04

Maybe Spyware Blaster can help click here

SHUNNA 14:06 01 Mar 04

Thanks , I`ll give it a try. If it does what it claims, is there any point keeping Spybot and adaware?

Jester2K 14:09 01 Mar 04

Yes. Each covers what the others miss...

hugh-265156 14:20 01 Mar 04

both adaware and spybot as said above will remove wild tangent for you.

if you downloaded any freebe online games you may get this installed click here

it is classed as spyware though.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:33 01 Mar 04

Have you got Winamp installed? if so you may have installed some AVS or game that runs with that and when winamp is run it will load again unless you change the default plugin from inside winamp.

Regards.

SHUNNA 14:53 01 Mar 04

If Winamp is a program, then it`s not installed. have downloaded SpywareBlaster, but there is no shortcut on the desktop, and it`s not listed in the Programs menu, yet it is definately on the computer, as I`m looking at it? OS. is WinXp pro.

fuzzyone 15:01 01 Mar 04

SHUNNA,

Click-start-run, Type "regedit" (without the cursors). Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER-Software,
look for wild tangent and delete the key.

P.S. remember to back-up your registry before making changes.

a nicknames comments could apply equally to windows media player, there are wild tangent visuals for that also.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…