Wifi and wired connection at the same time?

Hoseman 21:08 20 Sep 07

Ive got wifi set up but Id like to also have a wired connection at the same in order to have a strong connection when playing a game online.

Ive got a wire from my ADSL modem connected to my Belkin router but it doesnt seem to connect. Its in computer 1 at the back of the routerm. Anyone have any ideas what i should be doing or looking for in order to solve this?

mgmcc 21:45 20 Sep 07

It is usual to install a combined "Router & ADSL Modem" with ADSL broadband. How have you connected your ADSL Modem to a Belkin router?

To answer the question in the thread title, there is no reason why your PC cannot be connected to a router by ethernet cable and "wirelessly" at the same time. Each network adapter will get its own IP address by DHCP from the router.

Strawballs 22:25 20 Sep 07

You say you have WiFi already set up then you say that you are trying to plug your ADSL modem into your router we need more info about your setup, if WiFi is working what is the setup for that?

Hoseman 12:14 22 Sep 07

At the moment I can choose between wireless or a wired connection. I can use either but not both at the same time.

For the wired connection Im using an ADSL modem and a Belkin router for the wireless connection. I was under the impression (guessing here) to use wireless and a wire connection, I can do this by connecting wirelessly and by plugging the ADSL modem into the back of the router using the ADSL cable. It plugs into the router at the back but there is only the wireless connection.

Strawballs, when you say what set up, what exactl do you mean?

mgmcc 18:35 22 Sep 07

I still don't understand how you have everything connected. You *MUST* have either:

a) An ADSL Modem that supports an *ETHERNET* connection which connects to the phone line and to the WAN port of a Cable/DSL Router. This could be extremely difficult to get working.

or

b) A combined "Router & ADSL Modem" which plugs directly into the phone line and to which the computer(s) connect by ethernet cable or "wirelessly".

If you are using a USB Modem, this *CANNOT* be used in conjunction with a Router.

Strawballs 13:53 23 Sep 07

What model of Belkin router are you using?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…