//some 3rd party need geo

Wifi. Trying again.

Grandad D 21:50 08 Dec 03

Hi, Dont know what went wrong with this last night. I did start to write the question but the site just froze. The site has been very slow all weekend. Didn't know I had sent the thread. Now to try again. I have a broadband modem/router and a patch cable joining it to my laptop. The question should have been, can I buy a wireless adapter and just plug it into the modem? If so what do I need. Thanks, Dennis

Grandad D 22:10 08 Dec 03

Hi, Thanks for that but what type do I need? I have seen 802.11b and 802.11g and more I think. Ta, Dennis.

Gaz 25 22:41 08 Dec 03

Yes there are different types. The main difference is they operate at different speeds.

I use the latest 54Mbps which is: 802.11g

If you go for the latest one make sure the PCMCIA card for the laptop is the: 802.11g standard and the access point is also: 802.11g

This ensures reliability, even though some are backward compatible.

Grandad D 21:31 09 Dec 03

Hi, Me again. My laptop has a PCMCIA slot. I have seen a cardbus card. Are these the same and do I have to get both parts from the same manufacturer or will they all work together. Ta, Dennis.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…