wifi suddenly failed with laptop, but still working with iphone

bionictorquewrench 15:01 PM 22 Feb 13

I have a Netgear N300 wireless router. My laptop is Sonay Viao, running Windows 7.
This morning my internet was unreliable, and dropping every minute or so. Trying to trouble shoot, I switched the router off then on again. Now I have no wireless signal between my laptop and router. The router doesn't seem to be recognising the security password. I have not changed the password - this is still the original password for the router.
Other devices are still talking wirelessly to the router.

Any suggestions? Help much appreciated.

Kind regards, Anthony White

difarn 21:58 PM 22 Feb 13

You could try to renew your IP address

Start type in cmd Click on the black cmd icon type in ipconfig /release press enter type in ipconfig /renew press enter

You need to make sure that there is a space between before the back slash

restart your laptop.

brendon pitts 22:14 PM 26 Feb 13

change the wireless password to wpa on the router

if you say other wireless are connected and not getting disconnected that is some thing to check on your computer try changing the wireless mode on the laptop you can set it to g&b or you can set it to N band that should resolve the problem

bionictorquewrench 10:42 AM 27 Feb 13

Thanks for the replies. I eventually deleted all my wireless connections and reestablished them, and then it all worked again.

Kind regards, Anthony White

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things