//some 3rd party need geo

Wifi Signal Improvmenst....Please

Demora 11:56 13 Jul 05

Hi

I've just moved from a house that had walls made of paper to a house that was built circa 1901 and the walls are really thick. (great when you have 3 noisy teenagers) BUT its not very good for my home network and the wifi router.

Is there any bit of kit I can buy that will help boost the signal all around the house.

TIA

D

woodchip 12:11 13 Jul 05

try moving the ariels on the router. I think you can get boosters but they would have to be able to connect to the equipment you use

octal 15:39 13 Jul 05

You might consider an either an omni-directional antenna which will give you a bit of gain over the built in one click here about double the signal strength.

Or for considerably more gain a directional antenna click here it is more expensive, but it will squirt the R.F in the direction you want rather than spraying in all directions like an omni-directional one and will give nearly 20 times the signal strength over the basic set-up.

scotty 16:36 13 Jul 05

You will see an improvement with MIMO devices such as the Belkin Pre-N router. These devices use technology which is likely to be built into the next wireless standard, 802.11n. Claim to give much improved coverage and throughput.

Demora 02:57 19 Jul 05

Thank you all for those solutions and over the next few days I'll check them all out.

Sorry for late reply. Been away.

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…