WiFi Security

concretepigsy 18:14 25 Nov 06

is there a way of checking to see if someone is using my internet connection??

thanks

sean-278262 18:17 25 Nov 06

Dont know any way to check if someone is using it. But ensure the encryption is up to spec and change the password if you suspect you have an unwanted web guest. If your modem supports logging you can log the details of the systems connecting to it. However this is usually found only on higher end modems.

concretepigsy 18:21 25 Nov 06

the reason i ask is just recently my speeds have dropped from 54mps, to 24mps and sometimes down to 1 mps even though my laptop is only 10 feet from the router

Legolas 18:25 25 Nov 06

what isp are you with

concretepigsy 18:28 25 Nov 06

blueyonder

sean-278262 18:29 25 Nov 06

This often occurs to my router here. It is quite normal. I can be the only one on it however other interference (cars mainly) tends to drop my connection speed to the router similar to what you experience. It is quite normal. And on even an 8mb connection it is ok to loose some speed as you wont experience any real gains.

I found moving my router to a location on the 1st floor instead of beside the main telephone socket in the lounge worked in getting this drop in speed to occur less often

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…