//some 3rd party need geo

Wifi router, aol broadband, cable problem..help!

jamie77 17:20 24 Jan 05

I have just purchased a Wireless-G Broadband Router (LINKSYS). I am on Broadband with AOL, but the modem I am using does not have a ethernet slot just a usb to square slot!!
Is there any cables which can connect my new wifi router to this BT Voyager 100 USB ADSL Modem? Otherwise I have made a real error!! Please help

LIVING_ON_BORROWED_TIME 20:57 21 Mar 05

Hi

Is it AOL Silver package?

If so this package doesn't allow networking. Unfortunately.

Paddy 23:14 21 Mar 05

Belkin make a USB 10/100 Ethernet Adapter,

Specifications

Ethernet to usb. F5D5050
Network standards: IEEE 802.3, 802.3u
Data Bus: usb
Network Interface: Female RJ45 Jack
Full Duplex: 10Mbps and 100Mbps
LED Indicators: Link /Activity
Driver Support: DOS, Windows 98 and 2000

I am using one with a Linksys Router and a NTL Home 120 Broadband Modem because the modem uses a USB and Liksys needs a ethernet connection.
Hope this helps.

TomJerry 23:50 21 Mar 05

what you need to do is to bin usb modem and get a modem with asdl connection, only £26.99

Ebuyer 4 Port SPI Firewall ADSL Modem Router click here, many satisfied users including myself.

Actually, you bought wrong stuff, you shold habe bought a wireless router with adsl modem build-in

Ironman556 01:51 22 Mar 05

click here the link TomJerry gave leads to wired routers, if you wanted wireless try looking at the ones on the link above, not as cheap but but gives you more freedom.

Try sending the router back and see if you can upgrade it to one with a built in modem, linksys, d-link, netgear all do them, they range from about £55 - £100 depending on make/model.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…